January was kind of a crazy month. The beginning of the month was kind of busy with family. My family gathers after Christmas. I loved seeing everyone, especially my nieces and nephews. And then last week we had the opportunity to go to Cyprus again. And now that we’re home, I’m trying to get back into more normal work. I have some decisions I need to make. But I did want to get my Cyprus story written. So let’s get to that.

My church is big into missions. I forget how many missionaries we support. But there is one group that we know the people who run the missions group. They came out of our church. These are people I consider dear friends. I also love what this group does. And this is the group we are going to see when we go to Cyprus.

I’m not huge on flying. On the way over, our long flight was at night. And thankfully we did get some extra seas . I was able to sleep some on that flight, and that was nice. Our shorter flight was about five hours. Sadly I’m not in my wheelchair while flying, so I can’t use my communication device. And I can’t use the earphones they have, they just will not stay in. I get bored.

But getting to the hotel.. I guess we got there later in the evening, so I mostly ate and got to bed. The next day was kind of the day a lot of people got there, so we were busy welcoming everyone and getting caught up with old friends and meeting new ones. The first year I didn’t feel like I got to know other people at the conference. I was taken on a lot of walks by the hotel, and I’m not complaining, that was nice. But this year I was able to get a lot more people, and spend some good time with the people I know well…. Our hotel had most of our meals on buffet, and I must confess that I ate a lot of what was put out for the children. the place we were staying was a beach town, and we would take a lot of walks with different friends… Okay, that first day I also took a nap, which is almost unheard of for me.

Monday during the day was a lot like Sunday. Lots of eating, walking and visiting. Our meetings started that evening. We would gather for worship and then we would have a time of teaching. Often more than one person would speak.

Tuesday started our normal schedule. We would start meeting after breakfast. We would break to eat lunch and maybe have time for a walk. We’d meet in the afternoon. And we would usually have tme to visit and walk before dinner. Of course, part of that time I would have to be out of my wheelchair. After dinner, it was another meeting. I’d visit with everyone a little after that, but would usually need to get to bed pretty soon after the meeting.

That was Tuesday through Thursday. I do not remember a teaching I did not enjoy… Friday morning our meeting was kind of a wrap up session in the morning. And then sadly, people began leaving shortly after that. Friday afternoon\evening we were visiting with the people that were still there and saying our good-byes. Saturday evening we had the shorter flight. I got to lie down. But was still glad to have a hotel in London to sleep in. Sunday we were mostly at the airport and then had our long flight.

I loved my time there. I loved getting to spend time with old and new friends there.. Flying is not my favorite, but I think I’ll be ready to make the trek again next year.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: